What students want from their first job
Campus Media reveal what makes a job opportunity appealing to students.
We asked more than 120 students to order career aspects in terms of how important they are in our recent research.
MARKET RESEARCH: Download 6 Fast Facts for Employers Promoting Career Opportunities on Campus (and skip to page 13!)
Rather than stating that they wanted a high-flying salary and competitive bonus scheme, the top ranking answers all had a focus around progression, job satisfaction and a feel-good state of mind:
- 57% said career progression was important
- More than half of respondents were striving for job fulfilment
- 48% wanted to ensure that they were given access to learning & development opportunities
- 42% wanted a strong work/life balance
- 38% of respondents wanted a fun work environment
- 36% required that their first job be an ethical place to work
- Less than one third of respondents valued a high salary the most.
Adding to these results, Campus Media and TheBigChoice.com, chatted to six students to get a wider perspective on their views on employers.
NEW VIDEO: Watch Students on... Employers:
Are you ready to get on campus and begin promoting your job opportunities? Speak to us today by calling 020 7840 2982.